Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A hug to my father!



In my childhood, I was a sheer brat. I never listened to anyone. The minute my father used to go out of house with some work and I didn’t have school then it was very necessary for me to go out as well. Even if I was warned of dire consequences by my mother, I used to go out to play leaving books to flutter in the cool air of fans.

Yes my father was a disciplinarian but I was also a rebellious in nature. The excitement of going out and play or get myself involved in the adventurous activity was a bigger lure to brave the thrashes from my father.

I, with the gang of my friends, used to wander aimlessly in the deserted places that were some one kilometers away from my home. Those days having a bicycle for kids of middle class was a luxury and we didn’t have that luxury but the absence of luxury was in no way any deterrent for me to venture out.

There was also one more thing that interested me the most apart from playing. I was fond of the toothsome churans,Golgapps and Ice Golas that used to be sold outside of the school. I was never allowed the pocket money that was out of proportions but these proportionate limit of pocket money was not enough for my salivating greed of tongue.

I wanted to stuff my mouth with every flavours of tangy churans, and Ice golas. But the scant pocket money of mine was a real handicap in attaining the Churanic nirvana. I had seen where my father used to keep the change after returning from the market. That was kind of a piggy bank of our house. The box in which the change coins used to be put was almost full. So, I decided to take some coins from that box. In the start, It was quite fun I was stealing the coins from the box and splurging them on my devil habits of churans and golas. The best part was that nobody in the house ever doubted that the money was  trickling away. Therefore, my audacity knew no bounds. With no one noticing the pilferage,now I become real rapacious and wanted more of the churan and gola dosage. And for that I wanted to steal more.

One day, I robbed the box of the more coins than of permissible limits of my larceny exercise. And that rang the alarm. My mother was the coroner- in- chief who unearthed the heist. She thrashed me and warned me to be ready for more physical exercises in the evening when my father would arrive. I was scared to death. When I got caught, I got ashamed of my deeds. I was feeling very embarrassed. Before getting caught I had never felt that kind of embarrassing feeling.   

I was praying to god seriously for an escape this time.

The evening came and my mother poisoned the ear of my father.  I was standing shuddering before them. My father listened and moved to bathroom to have his customary evening bath. I was thinking that he was making some other plans to teach me a lesson while bathing. But no, even after coming from bathroom he remained calm. He just said “never do it again!”

And that’s it. I moved forward and with my eyes welled up hugged him. My mom was really furious seeing me go scot free but I was happy. It was perhaps the last time that I had hugged my dad. Now I think that he deserves one more hug for being a great father during all these years.

“This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.”


No comments:

Post a Comment